Circus of wonders : a novel / Elizabeth Macneal.
- ISBN: 9781982106799
- ISBN: 1982106794
- Physical Description: 361 pages ; 24 cm
- Edition: First Emily Bestler Books/Atria Books hardcover edition.
- Publisher: New York : Emily Bestler Books/Atria, 2022.
- Copyright: ©2021
When Jasper Jupiter's Circus of Wonders pitches its tent in a poor coastal town, the life of one young girl changes forever. Sold to the ringmaster as a "leopard girl" because of the birthmarks that cover her body, Nell is utterly devastated. But as she grows close to the other performers, she finds herself enchanted by the glittering freedom of the circus, and by her own role as the Queen of the Moon and Stars. Before long, Nell's fame spreads across the world--and with it, a chance for Jasper Jupiter to grow his own name and fortune. But what happens when her fame begins to eclipse his own, when even Jasper's loyal brother Toby becomes captivated by Nell? No longer the quiet flower-picker, Nell knows her own place in the world, and she will fight for it.
"An atmospheric and spectacular novel where one woman's life is transformed by the arrival of a Victorian circus of wonders"-- Provided by publisher.
Search for related items by subject
- 31 of 31 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Scoville Memorial Library - Salisbury.
- 0 current holds with 31 total copies.